The Stuff You Really Need to Know…
This workshops reveals some of the deeper teachings behind the popular modern day practices of American Yoga – allowing new levels of questioning, investigation, and self-study to arise from our individual personal practice.
Designed for those who wish to pursue a deeper understanding of yoga, it’s systems/history/methodology… and consequently themselves – Swadhaya is as much about studying texts, scriptures and manuals as it is about studying ourselves.
Topics of Study include:
- Yoga Philosophy; Physical Systems; Key Teachers & Languages
- Yoga History, Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras, and the Ashtangs
- Asana Practice: Proper Alignment, Common Poses
- Pranayama Practice: Common Breath Practices
- Meditation Practice: Pratyhara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi
- Yoga Vocabulary
- The Ashtangs: Yamas & Niyamas
- Kundalini Science: Chakras, Nadis, Bhandas
- Kundalini Science: Prana Vayus
- Kundalini Science: Koshas & the 10 Bodies system
- Mantra & Naad Yoga’s & Common Kundalini Mantras